No big screens, just great food and fantastic beer!
Whether you’re eating out in Hampshire, or you simply want a great pint in a Hampshire village pub, The Greyfriar fits the bill.
The Greyfriar is situated in Chawton, Hampshire, opposite the original home of Jane Austen. It is as you might imagine the quintessential old wood beam type of pub in a beautiful unspoiled Hampshire village. It’s the type of place where time seems to have stopped and you can easily while away the hours over a great pint complemented by some astonishing home made food. The Greyfriar is run by Fran and Trevor with their forever smiling staff, who endeavour to supply the kind of old fashioned service that time long forgot.
So, whether you’re looking for that special kind of place for an excellent lunch, or a fabulous evening dinner, or maybe just a quiet pint or two, The Greyfriar is the place to head for.
Why choose The Greyfriar…
- real ales, great wines
- good food – made on the premises
- child & dog friendly (when booking please advise if you have dogs)
- friendly atmosphere in our oak beamed traditional bar
- secluded garden
- walks from the pub garden
- the local attractions of Jane Austen’s House Museum and Chawton House on the doorstep
- large car park
- free wi-fi hotspot
- children’s play park